We have some new versions of the ETRemover to offer. You can download them from here:
Version 2.0.1 for people who don't get "RunTime Error 5" messages. http://www.simplytech.it/ETRemover/ETRemover_V201.zip
BETA Version 2.0.1 for people who get "RunTime Error 5" messages. http://www.simplytech.it/ETRemover/ETRemover_v201_Beta.zip
For those who find the 2.x.x. series does not work for them, SimplyTech is also continuing to download a 1.3.2 version from here: http://www.simplytech.it/ETRemover/revomeRTE_V132_Beta.zip . In the words of Giancarlo Calo:
Well, we have decided to take the old v.1.3.x and fill it with the latest malware definitions, so we can now offer the v.1.3.2 that is more stable but is and remain a discontinued Beta product.
It will no longer be supported, however, nor does SimplyTech have any specific plans to update its definitions in the future.
- PokaPoka.exe + Nothing = YupSearch (October 19, 2005). What do people mean when they say they have "YupSearch" instead of "EliteBar"?
- Elite Toolbar Remover Information Page (October 17, 2005).
- LQfix Information Page (October 15, 2005) There's a new tool in town!
- How to Remove PokaPoka. (October 12, 2005) Does your EliteBar variant include PokaPoka.exe?
- SearchMiracle.EliteBar Then and Now (September 21, 2005).
- EliteBar Removal Tool Updates to 2.0.0!!!! (September 15, 2005). Includes expanded list of infections removed by the removal tool.
- More on Variant ADW_ELITEBAR.D. (May 27, 2005). "It is a standard XP with two top-end commercial anti-virus programs. Moreover, one of the anti-virus programs -- Trend Micro's PC-Cillin -- we already know..."
- Diabolical new EliteBar variant Strikes the Web!!!!or the one the EliteBar Removal Tool can't remove (May 22, 2005).
- EliteBar Removal Tool Updates to 1.3.0!!!!! or How to Remove SearchMiracle/EliteBar (Alt. 1, Rev. 2).
- Key File Index (May 18, 2005).
- Adware & Malware Identifier Index (May 9, 2005). "The following is an in-progress index of some of the more common malware toolbars/browser helper objects at large on the Internet."
- Is Google Associated with a SearchMiracle Knock-Off? (April 27, 2005). "A question begs the asking: How does NetNucleus generate revenue from its Mirar Toolbar search directory if it enters search terms in the Google Search Engine?"
- HijackThis vs. the Elitebar Removal Tool (April 23, 2005). "While this approach may provide some limited, and temporary, relief, SearchMiracle will soon be back in full force."
- EliteBar Removal Tool Alert: Update V.1.2.2.!!! (April 18, 2005). "The new variants of the malware also completely conceal the presence of the EliteToolbarRemoverV10.exe, so that if you are opening the archive you can only see the readme.doc file that is attached to that and you cannot see the *.exe even if though it is really there!"
- HijackThis vs. SearchMiracle/EliteBar (April 11, 2005).
- How to Remove SearchMiracle/ EliteBar (February 27, 2005).
- Online Bibliography (Regularly updated). A bibliography of Gilbert Wesley Purdy's work on the Web and elsewhere including computer topics.
[re: SearchMiracle.EliteBar Search Miracle Elite Bar EliteToolBar Elite Toolbar Elite Tool Bar ETBrun YupSearch Yup Search.]